About the Project
Michener has completed its project mandate which was to develop and operate a pilot Personal Support Worker Registry. A Registry model was explored as a risk-based alternative to providing oversight to the PSW workforce. We thank all stakeholders for their valuable contributions during the Registry project. Their valuable contributions led to the development of:
- A rigorous registration process-ensuring credential checks and police record checks
- Roles and Responsibilities of Personal Support Workers
- Code of Ethics for Personal Support Workers
- Internal-facing Registry with anonymized information of Personal Support Workers available for registered employers
- A website with registration, employer and complaints portals with draft policies and processes available
- An interim complaints process
- Policies, Process and recommendations for a comprehensive Registry
The Registry is no longer accepting applications for registration as Michener’s pilot Registry project ends March 31, 2020.
With the end of the pilot Registry project, this complaints intake portal will close March 31, 2020. If you have a concern about a Personal Support Worker or care provided and wish to express a concern, please contact the Personal Support Worker’s employer. If you are concerned for your immediate well-being please contact your Local Police Services.
PSW Registry of Ontario